Takeo Masaki (Japanese: 武雄正樹) was a soldier of the Imperial Japanese Army. He has appeared in the Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: World at War Nazi Zombies maps Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, Ascension, and Shangri-La. His point counter color is yellow.
Very little is known about Takeo. However, he is shown as a loyal, Imperial Captain and is one of the 4 soldiers fighting off the Imperial Zombie horde. It is unknown how he feels fighting against his undead brothers, but is shown fighting them of. He is the least seen of the 4 soldiers in the Shi No Numa trailer.
Tattooed on the inside of Takeo’s eyelids is the Japanese proverb “Life is light when compared to honor”. For Takeo, life has no meaning if not to perfect one’s discipline and to reveal a warrior’s true character and honor. He ponders this and other philosophical questions as his katana slices through the flesh and sinew of his enemy.
Takeo was born into wealth. His family dynasty dates back several centuries, and throughout that time they have been highly decorated Samurai and Bushi. Takeo is no exception to this celebrated bloodline. When the family first saw the young, life-filled 5 year old Takeo playing in the street with his Katana and slicing the tails off of kittens, they knew he was destined to bring honor to the Masaki name.
The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his bloodlust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself. If you fall victim to his swift action and might, know that you have helped a man better than you reach enlightenment.
- Takeo is a Captain, as is shown on his wrist cuff insignia.
- Takeo is shown using the Type 100 sub-machine gun in the Shi No Numa and Der Riese trailers correctly, as in real life the weapon is held from under the barrel, not the way the player does, which can be seen in first person view.
- Edward Richtofen and Takeo Masaki are the only playable Axis soldiers (in singleplayer), not only in World at War, but in all of the Call of Duty series as well.
- Takeo always seems to team up with Dempsey in the trailers even if they were direct enemies.
- On the iPhone version of Nazi Zombies, Takeo's point color is orange.